Date(s) - October 22, 2023 - October 28, 2023
Asexual Awareness Week is an international campaign that seeks to educate about asexual, aromantic, demisexual, and grey-asexual experiences and to create materials that are accessible to our community and our allies around the world.
- Sexual attraction is a diverse spectrum and people can be attracted to a gender, multiple genders or no gender.
- Romantic attraction is a diverse spectrum and people can be attracted to a gender, multiple genders or no gender.
- Gender is a spectrum and people can be all different sorts of genders and/or be questioning their gender. Both gender identity and expression must be valued and respected.
- Behavior does not necessarily mirror orientation. Asexual people still choose to engage in sexual activities for a variety of reasons and that does not make them any less asexual.
- Privilege exists in many forms (race, class, gender, sexual orientation, ability, body shape, health, etc) and we strive to check various privileges at all available opportunities.
- Education and awareness about asexuality helps people who don’t understand what’s going on with them to find a name and a community and helps allies to understand aces and ace issues. The next step must be in-person trainings, workshops, and events that spread the information further.
Ace Awareness Week typically takes place the last full week in October.
Find out more at www.asexualawarenessweek.com.