Effective immediately, The Delaware Department of Public Health (DPH) will expand vaccine access to individuals living with HIV as well as individuals taking pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV.
Such individuals should contact their medical provider or PrEP treatment center to see if they are offering the vaccine. If not, the individual can call the DPH hotline at 1-866-408-1899 to schedule an appointment at a DPH clinic. Walk-ins for vaccinations will not be accepted.
Starting August 22, individuals in the following higher-risk categories will have access to the vaccine.
Individuals engaging in high-risk activities—including sexual practices—that increase exposure to monkeypox
- Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men and have had multiple (more than one) or any anonymous sexual partners
- Transgender women or nonbinary persons assigned at birth as “male” and who have sex with men
- Sex workers
- Staff at establishments where sexual activity occurs (e.g., bathhouses, saunas, sex clubs)
For more detailed information see the DPH Press release
- A Monkeypox Vaccine Clinic will take place August 23rd at CAMP Rehoboth: click here for more information
- A Monkeypox Vaccine Clinic will take place in Wilmington on August 25th. See information below.