The LGBTQ+ Health Program at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) aims to raise awareness about the unique health care needs of LGBTQ+ Veterans and to ensure high quality care in a safe, affirming, and welcoming environment.
VA Health care includs among other services
- Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy
- Substance use/alcohol treatment
- Tobacco use treament
- Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
- Pre Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Intimate partner violence reduction and treatment
- Miliary Sexual Trauma screening and treatment
- MentalHealth/Whole Health
- Fertility and Family Building
There is an LGBTQ_ Veteran Care Coordinator (LGBTQ+ VCC) at every facility to help you get your care. VHA policies require that your health care is delivered in an afirming and inclusive environment and that VHA employees respect your identity. Contact the LGBTQ+ VCC at your nearest facility.
VA educates providers and staff about the importance of sexual orientation and gender identity in health care and encourages Veterans to includ this information in their medical records at VA.gov.
For more information visit the website www.patientcare.va.gov/LGBT or email email@example.com.
You can also contact
Barbara Gibbons, MSS, LCSW
Wilmington Veterans Affairs Medical Center
302 287 1286