If you’re interested in getting more involved in Sussex Pride, serving on a board committee may be a good fit for you. Our Board of Directors has three standing committees, and you do not need to be a board member to volunteer for one of these committees. It is an excellent way to meet some of our board members and get a feel for what our organization is like.
Below is more detailed information about what each board committee is working. The goals for the year for each committee are listed. Some of these have already been completed, and some are still in process.
If you are interested in potentially serving on a board committee please complete the volunteer interest form and check which committee you are interested in.
Finance Committee Goals
- Refine our current policies and procedures including estate planning and investment guidelines.
- Meet monthly to review financial information prior to board meetings.
- Work with Executive Director to create draft 2024 budget
- Review Chart of Accounts
- Oversee Payroll
Governance Committee Goals
- Identify potential new board members
- Review performance of board
- Develop conflict of interest policy and other policies as needed.
- Plan Board Retreat
- Youth Adult Interaction Policy
Development Committees Goals
- Plan out annual major fundraising event(s) and create a subcommittee to execute the event.
- Work with Finance Committee on Estate Planning
- Meet regularly to review progress on major fundraising goals.
- Develop relationships with potential donors
- Meet with board members to determine how we can work together in fundraising goals.