Senator Brian Schatz, Rep. Mark Takano, Rep. Barbara Lee introduced a resolution March 28th titled the Rise Up for LGBTQI+ Youth in Schools Resolution to Protect LGBTQI+ Youth.
Sussex Pride is proud to join GLSEN, the National Education Association, and LGBTQI+ Community Centers across the country in supporting this initiative. The Resolution:
- Names the actions and impacts of adults in positions of authority pushing policies that harm LGBTQI+ students and families, especially young people who are transgender, nonbinary, Black, Indigenous, and people of color. (Thanks to Corinne Green and the Equality Federation for the help with state leg!)
- Demands that every young person have equal educational opportunity and freedom from the fear that their basic civil and educational rights, including those who identify as LGBTQI+, without exception.
Sussex Pride is proud to support LGBTQI+ Youth in Sussex County. You can follow Sussex Pride Youth:
- On our website at sussexpride.org/youth
- On Facebook at: facebook.com/sussexprideyouth
- On Instagram at: instagram.com/youth.sussexpride
- On Twitter at: twitter.com/sussexlgbtyouth
Your support makes this work possible. Click here to become a monthly supporter of Sussex Pride for as little as $10 per month.